Meets are one-day model railway events for members
of the CMRS and usually include clinics, displays (Show and Tell), related
activities, and sometimes lunch.
events, such as the following, are sometimes combined with a particular
- Annual General
Meeting of the CMRS
- CMT's (Calgary
Model Trainmen's) Fleamarket
Meet Resources for Show and Tell Photos
and Clinic Materials from previous Mini Meets.
Spring Mini Meet and CMT
June 5, 2022
Inn, 2720 Glenmore Trail SE
(corner of Glenmore Trail & Odgen
McArthur - Rock Casting, Painting and Detailing:
The clinic will explain the process to cast, paint and detail rock
castings for outcrops, faces or whatever purpose the casting is
Phillips - Main Line Construction of the Canadian Pacific Railway,
1875 to 1886
1. Government Construction Progress 1875 to 1885.
2. Company Construction Progress 1881 to 1886.
3. Construction Standards.
- RDC: The Rail Diesel Car in Canada.
1. The development of the RDC;
2. Types of cars available and spotting differences between the
two phases of production;
3. The RDC fleets and services of CP, CN, VIA and BC Rail; changes
to some of their cars; and
4. Later owners of the cars in Canada and the U.S.
view presentation (pdf )
- Wires Along the Rails - Realistic modelling of open wire telegraph,
telephone and power lines along railway lines:
1. The functions and features of the wires on railway telegraph
2. Realistic features of telegraph, telephone and power lines
along the track right of way;
3. A short discussion on power transmission lines and substations;
4. Some correct and incorrect features of lines on model railways.
Lee - Layout construction ideas
Doug Lee will offer some ideas on executing layout construction
based on previous layouts, and his current layout.
to Events page